Monday, May 11, 2009

Reflections of a Young Dancer

Reflections of a Young Dancer

Original Oil Painting, 16X20, 2009

Description: I love painting young dancers; the beauty of innocence. I remember as a young girl, how I loved to dance, and yet the awkwardness of becoming...Sometimes what we see on the inside is not always what we behold on the outside. The process of "becoming" is like an awkward caterpillar trying to find it's wings...I dream of dancing where there are no limitations in my physical body. That sounds a little like heaven to me ! Dreaming with God about what He has in mind for us and our future. His plans are always good and hopeful because He knows us better than we do ourselves.

Psalm 139:13-17 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let Your work appear to Your servants, and Your glory to their children. And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands." Psalm 90:16-17